Affordable Motorhome Insurance Rates facilitate motored vacations in the UK, allowing a freedom and flexibility not often found in group tour holidays. Pack bags, food, tour books, and road maps, and point the wheels toward the horizon!
Common Factors in Insurance Rates
As with most insurance policies, differing factors contribute to precisely what is covered and will cost for Motorhome Insurance. Vehicle age, condition, ownership or rental, and travel area are a few. Other factors may include:
* Number of drivers: More drivers of a motorhome means greater accident risk, which translates into more drivers to cover, increasing insurance premiums.
* Ages of drivers: Younger drivers increase insurance risk, which increases the amount paid for coverage.
* Driving history: If a driver of a motorhome or campervan has a history of tickets or accidents, motorhome insurance rates increase accordingly.
* Insurance history: Continuous insurance coverage of any vehicle reduces motorhome insurance, because it shows a degree of concern or care for driving habits and legality.
* Current or new customer: Current customers often pay less for additional coverage or additional vehicles than do new customers.
* Type of motorhome: Larger models generally carry higher insurance rates than smaller motorhomes; passenger capacity also influences rates. Those that carry only four passengers will generate lower rates than those capable of carrying ten, for example, because there are potentially fewer potential victims of accidents, for example.
* Driver experience: An experienced driver of a motorhome or campervan will enjoy lower rates than another driver of otherwise equal rating but who has no prior experience operating a motorhome. The vehicle size, length, weight, turning room requirements, backing, and braking requirements can be much different than for the family car, and rates reflect that experience difference.